Reasons and causes
- Root canal (endodontic) treatment can save a damaged* tooth
- Treatment required when the pulp becomes inflamed or infected
- Without the treatment, abscesses may form leading to a loss of tooth
- Infection causes include: deep decay, repeated procedures on a tooth, cracked or chipped teeth
- Trauma such as severe impact can cause death of the nerves
- Local anaesthetic and relaxing gas for your comfort
- Removal of the bacteria and infected soft tissue of root canals
- Cleaning and disinfecting root canals and pulp chamber
- Filling and sealing of the root canals and pulp chamber
- Treated tooth can be strengthened and protected with a crown
- Complex cases may be referred to a specialist endodontist
*Endodontic treatment is the only means to save a tooth in which the nerves and blood vessels within the tooth have been damaged or have died.
Fees*Fees depend on the number of roots (canals) involved and so time required.
If you have any questions about our root canal treatment call us or book an dental examination appointment today.Call 020 7621 0600