What to expect with the root canal procedure
- Diagnosis: Our team will assess your tooth and perform X-rays to gauge the extent of the damage. We’ll ensure your comfort with a local anaesthetic before proceeding.
- Pulp Removal: Dr. Alfonso Frontera, our endodontist, will access the pulp chamber, remove infected tissue, and thoroughly clean and disinfect the tooth’s interior.
- Filling and Sealing: Once cleaned, the space is filled with a biocompatible material and sealed to prevent further infection.
- Restoration: A dental crown might be recommended to cover and protect the tooth further for additional strength and to ensure it functions just like a regular tooth.
Root canal dentist advice
When tooth decay, cavities and cracks in the tooth are ignored in the tooth for some time, it allows bacteria to enter, causing an infection that might cause you to lose your tooth.
As your dental pulp homes nerves, blood vessels and connective tissues, a root canal is often necessary to avoid excruciating tooth pain, swelling and other complications.
Failing to address pulp infections can result in:
- Tooth loss and the need for costly replacements.
- The infection spreads to other neighbouring teeth.
- Preventing the infection from entering the bloodstream.
Really don’t want a root canal? Explore alternative treatments
Even though a root canal will likely be your next best step, there are alternative treatments your dentist can walk you through to help save the tooth.
- A pulpotomy is to remove the infected pulp.
- Tooth extraction to remove the tooth and relieve pain.
It’s best not to avoid a root canal if you’ve been recommended one.
If you’re avoiding a root canal out of fear, let us help put your mind at ease. Being an anxious and nervous patient is a common problem, and our practice is set up to accommodate you better and make you feel comfortable. We also offer sedation options, like gas and air, to eliminate feelings of fear during your appointment.
“Great location in the city. I recently had a lot of work done (teeth shaping, fillings, root canals). I hate going to the dentist, and they could see how anxious I was for the check-up and had options to deal with that, which was very much appreciated. Very thorough and lovely staff. Dr Druttmond did a great job, and I am very happy with the results. As much as I didn’t like having to visit so many times, seeing lovely Raya each time really did brighten up my day!” Nikki, London
The moment I stepped into the clinic, the friendly receptionist – Michael, greeted me with a warm smile and efficiently took care of the check-in process. The waiting area was clean, comfortable, and featured modern decor that helped create a relaxing atmosphere. It was clear that the staff at at CapCityDental value professionalism and patient comfort.
Dr. George, the senior dental hygienist was a true expert in his field. He took the time to explain the entire cleaning process, making sure I was comfortable and informed every step of the way. Indeed, it did feel like a warm hug. Furthermore, his dental nurse Marilou was just a gem. Her gentle yet thorough approach put me at ease, and I could sense her commitment to delivering top-notch oral care. It’s evident that CapCityDental has a team that’s passionate about what they do.
What truly sets CapCityDental apart was their dedication to personalized care and patient education. The hygienist nurse took the time to discuss my oral health habits and offered valuable insights on how to improve my routine. She answered all my questions patiently, showing a genuine interest in my oral health journey. This level of individualized attention left a lasting impression on me.
In conclusion, my dental cleaning experience at CapCityDental was nothing short of outstanding. From the moment I walked in to the moment I left, I felt valued as a patient and confident in the care I received. The professionalism, expertise, and genuine concern for patient well-being were evident throughout. I wholeheartedly recommend this clinic to anyone seeking exceptional dental care in a welcoming and modern environment.
I’m already looking forward to my next visit!
Thanks to George I only require routine checkups and the odd piece of work now. Seeing George has made going to the dentist a breeze and a very happy social occasion!
I can’t recommend George highly enough. The best dentist I’ve ever had. Very attentive and caring…with exquisite attention to detail; second to none.
I should also mention that the new location in Austin Friars is a lovely calm oasis in the heart of the City. Modern health setting in a historic built environment.
We're the top-rated dentist in Liverpool Street
Our address: 14 Austin Friars, London EC2N 2HE. Get directions.
- Four minutes from Liverpool Station.
- Five minutes from the Bank, Moorgate, and Monument stations.
- Open early and late to accommodate your needs.
Rated ★★★★★ 4.9 Stars on Google (194+ reviews)
Call 020 7621 0600 to make an appointment.