Dental VeneersA makeover for a tooth. Veneers can alter the appearance of a tooth, its colour, shape and, to a limited extend, its position. Beneficial for single tooth restoration to a full smile makeover and smile lift procedures.
A Brand New Smile with Veneers in Just 3 Appointments
- Wish you had a more even smile?
- Unhappy with the shape or length of your teeth?
- Want your teeth to be whiter?
- Generally bad teeth that hold you back?
- Still want your smile to look natural?
Dental veneers are the perfect solution, placed in one day that gives patients the smile they’ve always dreamed of. And if you’re looking for talented veneer dentists who have placed thousands of veneers over 30 years, then you’ve found the right London practice.
With veneer options costing from just £250 per tooth and 0% dental financing to spread the cost, upgrading your smile with celebrity-worthy procedures has never been more accessible.
Veneer facts, benefits and dispelling myths and what you might have read online
- Veneers do not require a tooth to be filed down to stubs – that’s for crowns.
- A very small amount of surface enamel may need to be removed (depending on type).
- Dental veneers are as thin as a contact lens (from 0.3mm to 0.5mm).
- Porcelain veneers can last up to 30 years or more.
- Minimally invasive procedure with slight etching.
- Special veneers for gum recession, called gingival veneers, are available.
“I visited Cap City Dental for veneers and teeth whitening and was very impressed with the results. Having never had any work done on my teeth before, I was apprehensive about going through this process, but I was put at ease by Dr George, who was clearly incredibly experienced. I’m really pleased with how my new teeth look. I can notice a huge difference from before, yet they still look completely natural.”
There are two types of veneers
Porcelain veneers cost from £1,150 per veneer.
Brands of porcelain veneers include Emax, Ultrathin, Durathin and Lumineers.
Porcelain veneers are hailed as the superior veneers, which last up to 30 years and require minimal etching to replace. They are super thin (not bulky) and do not require any special maintenance to maintain (plus they are stain-resistant).
Porcelain veneers will take three appointments to place, including your initial consultation. The second appointment will include the taking of impressions and fitting your temporaries before inviting you back in to place your new teeth.
Composite veneers cost from £250 per tooth.
Composite veneers are the perfect option for patients who are not 100% sure they want to commit to porcelain because they are not permanent and make no lasting changes to the smile. Using a composite resin material built up in layers, composite veneers require no etching or removal of enamel. However, as they are non-permanent, they only last 75-10 years and are more susceptible to staining.
With composite veneers, they can be immediately loaded, which means within a few hours, you’ll be able to leave our practice with a brand new smile – no follow up appointments required.
Reasons & Procedure
Reasons for treatment
- Restore discoloured front teeth
- Improve the shape, size, position and appearance of a tooth
- Correct a dark, discoloured root-filled tooth
- Veneers are much more conservative of tooth enamel than crowns
- Make worn-down teeth look longer (for tooth grinders)
- Close small gaps and correct crooked teeth
- Restore broken or chipped teeth
- Improve the appearance of discoloured teeth
- See Tooth restoration: treatment, aesthetics and costs
- A very small amount of surface enamel may need to be removed.
- With porcelain, we’ll prepare the tooth to hold the veneer (removing up to 0.5mm of enamel).
- Using a 3D scanner, we’ll take impressions to fit temporary teeth, known as a trial smile.
- The material is applied by a dentist in the surgery
- The material is bonded (attached) to a tooth to the correct colour, shape, size and position